- Effective: This is the day the policy starts at Noon PST. Expiration: This is the day the policy ends at Noon PST.
- Other Drivers: With your permission, any Tourist with a valid driver's license may drive the vehicle whether they are listed on the policy or not. If you should so choose, you may list the name of any Tourist possessing a valid driver's license as an operator of the insured vehicle. A Mexican National who is a permanent resident outside of Mexico with a Green Card is also considered a Tourist.
- Vehicle Data: If you have Full coverage, the current market value of your vehicle is stated. If you have Liability Only coverage, the vehicle value stated is $0. It is mandatory that all towed units are listed on the policy even if you only wish to cover them for liability.
- WATERCRAFT / OUTBOARD MOTOR / TRAILER / SPECIAL ACCESSORY / CAMPER / VEHICLE IN TOW OR ATTACHED: If you have Full coverage, the current market value of your towed unit is stated. If you have Liability Only coverage, the towed unit value stated is $0. Each Self-Propelled Vehicle Requires a Policy.
- CAMPER SHELLS and Campers: Camper shells are considered part of the vehicle and their value needs to be included in the current market value of the vehicle. Campers need to be fully described with the current market value stated separately.
- Current Market Value or Actual Cash Value: This value is the amount that the insured unit could realistically be sold for on the market today. It is the cost of replacing damaged or destroyed property with comparable new property, minus depreciation. In case of a total loss, Qualitas Compania de Seguros S.A. de C.V. will adjust on the basis of the actual cash value at the time of the loss. It is imperative that a realistic Current Market Value of your vehicle be determined and stated on the policy. Overstating or understating the value of vehicle; watercraft; trailer; Camper or Unit in Tow may result in financial penalties in the event of a loss.
Please consult the Kelley Blue Book or Nada Guides
- Combined Single Limit (CSL Liability): A limit of liability for Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage expressed as one single amount of coverage protection.
- Plan A (Limited Territory): Covers these Mexican States: Baja California Norte, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Sinaloa, Chihuahua, Durango, Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas, Nayarit, Jalisco, Aguascalientes, Colima, Guanajuato, Querétaro and Michoacán.
- Plan B (Full Territory): Covers the ENTIRE Republic of Mexico.
SPECIFICATIONS OF RISKS AND LIMITS
- Risk 1 - Collision, Overturning and Glass Breakage covers damage to the insured units. An obligatory deductible* applies.
- Risk 2 - Total Theft, Fire, Lightning and/or Explosion, Strikes and Riots, Popular Uprisings and resultant Malicious Mischief, Natural Disasters of Cyclones, Hurricanes, Hail, Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Avalanches, Flooding, Land or Rock Slides, the Fall or Collapse of Constructions, Buildings, Structures and Falling Trees or Branches covers damage to the insured units. An obligatory deductible* applies. There is no coverage for partial theft or vandalism unless the optional insurance âVIPâ Endorsement (Vandalism, Partial Theft, Flash Flood & Emergency Expense) is added to the policy
- Risk 3 - Property Damage Liability and Risk 4 - Third Party Liability covers Bodily injury to parties other than the insured and damage to property of others resulting from the use of the insured vehicle. $500,000 Combined Single Limit Liability. Risk 3. and Risk 4. Coverage excludes and does not apply to occupants of the insured vehicle.
- Risk 5 - Medical Payments limits of $10,000 per person, $50,000 per accident coverage for expenses incurred by the occupants of the insured vehicle as a result of bodily injuries sustained aboard said vehicle caused by Fire, Collision and/or Overturning. The Mexican Insurance Company shall pay funeral expenses to a maximum of 25% of the per person limit. Medical Payments coverage includes the reasonable expenses for transportation to the nearest hospital or healthcare facility that could be able to treat those injured.
- Qualitas Legal Service $100,000 for Bail Bond, Attorney, Civil and Criminal Defense resulting from the insured vehicle being in an accident.
- GRUPO AUSA Tourist Travel Assistance International Air Ambulance for a Life Threatening Illness or Accident plus Vehicle Breakdown Coverage
- $750,000 Liability increases the insured Liability amount to $750,000 Combined Single Limit.
- $1,000,000 Liability increases the insured Liability amount to $100,000 Combined Single Limit.
- Uninsured Motorist Plus increases the insured limit of Medical Payments to $20,000 per person, $100,000 per accident. In the event that an Uninsured or Underinsured motorist damages the insured vehicle, the collision deductible charged will be $0. Adds Uninsured Underinsured Motorist Property Damage $3,500 to Liability Only policies.
- Watercraft Liability adds Liability of $300,000 CSL for WATERCRAFT not exceeding 28' WHILE AFLOAT OR BEING LAUNCHED. (Excludes Physical Damage to the Watercraft)
- VIP adds Vandalism & Partial Theft $250 Deductible, Flash Flood $500 Deductible, Glass Breakage $100 Deductible. Emergency Expense for Lodging, Food, Clothing and Transportation (2 times premium up to $500 maximum). VIP coverage is not available for Liability Only or Driver's License policies.
- Business Use allows the insured vehicle to be used for business. Coverage does not extend to livery service operations.
- There is an Obligatory $500 Deductible for each Collision, Overturning and Glass Breakage Loss applied to each respective insured unit that is damaged.
- There is an Obligatory $500 Deductible for each Total Theft Loss applied to each respective insured unit that is stolen.
- There is an Obligatory $500 Deductible for each Fire, Lightning and/or Explosion, Strikes and Riots, Popular Uprisings and resultant Malicious Mischief, Natural Disasters of Cyclones, Hurricanes, Hail, Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions, Avalanches, Flooding, Land or Rock slides the Fall or Collapse of Constructions, Buildings, Structures and Falling Trees or Branches Loss applied to each respective insured unit that is damaged.
- Qualitas pays the USA hourly labor rate if the vehicle is repaired in the USA. The Insured selects 2 repair shops and takes the damaged vehicle and/or towed units to the repair shops (Not by photo). The 2 estimates are sent to Qualitas for a cash settlement of the claim.
- Immediately after the occurrence of an accident, The Insured must contact the Qualitas claim hotline and the AUSA claim hotline. Refrain from entering into agreements and arrangements with the other party until the Qualitas adjustor is present. FROM A MEXICAN LAND LINE OR A MEXICAN CELLULAR TELEPHONE, PLEASE CALL THE QUALITAS CLAIM HOTLINE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing: 01 (800) 800-2880; 01 (800) 288-6700; 01 (800) 004-9600 or on your cellular phone with international service call (55) 5258-2880. FROM A MEXICAN LAND LINE OR MEXICAN CELLULAR TELEPHONE, PLEASE CALL THE AUSA CLAIM HOTLINE 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by dialing: 01 (800) 262-6911; 01 (800) 365-2400 or on your cellular phone with international service call (55) 5061-6161 or Fax (55) 5061-6131. The required premiums must be paid on or prior to the effective date of the policy.
- Watercraft Coverage under this certificate is limited to physical damage sustained while watercraft/motor/trailer are in tow by or attached to the towing vehicle provided that full coverage has been purchased on these and the required premium has been paid.
- Coverage is only applicable to Vehicle/Watercraft/Motor/Trailer/Camper/Units in Tow or Attached and not contents/personal effects therein.
- A Motorcycle, ATC or ATV is insurable, however, insurance coverage will exclude Medical Payments. The insured Vehicle must be street legal.
- Legal Service is underwritten by Qualitas Compania de Seguros S.A. de C.V. and is carried out solely by Qualitas representatives to cover the legal requirements in Mexico. Tourist Travel Assistance is underwritten by GRUPO AUSA and is carried out solely by GRUPO AUSA and its vendors.
- The foregoing is only a brief description of the policy coverage. Coverage is only applicable while the vehicle and units in tow are on regular roads in Mexico. Refer to the automobile insurance contract, optional coverage's, specification of risks and general conditions & any endorsements for the complete policy coverage explanation. The English text of this policy and all supporting documents are courtesy translations.